top of page

The new CAA Drone Laws come into affect on November 30th

The new regulations apply to any pilot who owns or flies drones and model aircraft weighing between 250g and 20kg. If this includes you then read on to find out what to do. 

I own or fly a drone or unmanned aircraft – what do I need to do?

If you own a drone or unmanned aircraft which meets the requirements above, you must get an operator ID. After getting this ID, you must make sure only people with a valid flyer ID use your aircraft. Only those over the age of 18 can register for an operator ID.

You can register as an operator on the CAA register drone website– it costs £9.If you’re responsible for drones or model aircraft, but won’t fly them, you’ll need to register as a non-flying operator, which also costs £9.Anyone who will fly the drone must get a flyer ID. To get this you must pass a free theory test with 20 multiple-choice questions. The rules apply to adults and children. A parent or guardian must register children aged under 13, but the child must take the test. Again you can do this on the CAA register drone website.

To find out more about the changes that will come into affect then head to our blog. 

26 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page